Throughout its 34 year history, Symbiont Science Engineering and Construction has continually grown in size, offerings and geography. Below is a brief timeline of milestones we have reached throughout the years. We are excited to continue to add impressive and meaningful events to this timeline in the years to come.
- 1981 – Triad Engineering established in Milwaukee, WI. Three engineers focused on industrial customers in heavy metals and leather tanning.
- 1986 –Design-build segment established to meet the immediate needs of customers faced with aggressive discharge compliance schedules with wastewater treatment projects.
- 1987 – Firm diversified into the public sector with wastewater treatment projects
- 1990 – Initiated remediation work with auto manufacturers
- 1991 – Relocated to larger building in Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- 1992 – Ft. Wayne, IN office established to accommodate growing Midwest presence
- 1995 – First high strength anaerobic treatment for food and beverage industry
- 1997 – Founders pass leadership to second generation of owners
- 1999 – Introduction into dairy industry
- 2000 – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) began as a specialty
- 2004 – First Brownfield grants and redevelopment work
- 2005 – Initiated production process engineering in brewing industry
- 2006 – Triad Engineering changed name to Symbiont
- 2010 – Waste-to-Energy segment entrance
- 2012 – First stand alone programming/system integration project
- 2015 - Purchased construction company T.V. John & Son, Inc.